Heeeellllooooo my friends! How have you been? However low or high you have been, I am about to make you a whole lot happier with what might be…. The greatest recipe I have ever shared with you.
After searching the internet to see where this recipe could be found, my searches left me with no dessert that even remotely resembled these (jackpot!).
These frozen treats are the perfect summer dessert and are seriously ridiculously easy to whip up. The marshmallow filling, with the nicest little hint of coffee flavor, are what dreams are made of.Don’t believe me?? I dare you to make this dessert and not finish it in less than a week. I dare you!!!!
The graham crackers get softer as the dessert stays in the freezer, and to me the dessert is at it’s best when the crackers are softer. But heck, I could be eating this dessert after an hour if I was really desperate (and I usually am).
For some reason, when you mix marshmallows, coffee and whipped cream, you get the fluffiest and most delicious result. It also just so happens to freeze like a dream.
Topping the marshmallow squares with jam or maple syrup takes it to a higher level.
Have I convinced you yet?? Do they not sound like the most amazing thing? Or are you just telling me to shut up already and give you the recipe? Here it is, enjoy!
- 45 large marshmallows
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 27 graham cracker squares
- In a large microwave-friendly bowl, melt the marshmallows.
- Combine the instant coffee and boiling water and add into the melted marshmallows. Beat to mix. Refrigerate until cold.
- Whip the whipping cream and add into the cooled marshmallow mix (using a whisk will help get rid of any lumps that may form).
- In a 9x9 pan, line 9 graham cracker squares. Pour half the marshmallow mix and spread evenly. Add another 9 graham cracker squares, pour the remaining mixture and top with remaining squares.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer for at least 8 hours before serving.*
- *The graham crackers become softer the longer it is frozen, which does make the dessert slightly better. Leaving it in the freezer for 24hrs may yield better results, but the squares are good either way, trust me!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! If you get to try this one out, please let me know!
Have a great weekend everyone :).