Today I am excited to be apart of an award that allows for people to discover new blogs! I want to thank Lynne at Lynne’s Recipe Trails for nominating me and for always commenting on every single one of my blog posts.
I love Lynne’s blog posts because her personality really shines through in her writing and I almost feel as if I know her. I always look forward to your comments Lynne, so thank you so much for considering me for this award!
The rules of the Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post.
- Nominate 10 new bloggers.
- Answer the 10 questions the person who nominated you asked you.
- Create 10 new questions to ask the bloggers you nominate.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated by leaving them a comment on their blog.
The Domestikated Life (because her blog posts are so down to earth and I actually consider this girl as a friend.)
My Little Tablespoon (her funny attitude and style of writing always keeps me coming back for more, I love her posts!)
Bucket List Tummy (Newly registered dietitian with so much knowledge to share, her posts are always so informative.)
Cookies n Chem (I have no idea how this girl balances it all, she is super woman! Getting a little peak into her life through her blog is awesome.)
Red Velvet Snow (Because she is a recipe-developing genius.)
Blissful Lyss (Her posts about ED recovery move me every time, her writing is amazing.)
Elle’s Veggie Eats (She brings you through a culinary Japanese experience as she visits Japan!)
Sweet Precision (Beautiful photography and beautiful recipes! Her latest Strawberry cupcakes are worthy of your time.)
Katalyst Health (Have you ever taken a look at this girl’s blog? Because if not, then go, now, her recipes are out of this world!!)
Blonde Pancake (She is very transparent about her road into ED recovery and I think she can be a great inspiration for people in the same position as her, she has great posts!)
*Please know that you should not feel like you have to take part in this, I can totally get if you don’ t want to! I just love your blog and wanted to recognize you for that!
1. If there was one aspect in your life that you could change, what would that be?
This is a tough question to address as I have never really wanted to change anything in my life. I think I would love to be more outgoing and have the nerve to just talk to people, whenever and wherever. My boyfriend is actually quite outgoing and I feel like I have learnt a lot from him, but I would love to never second guess myself before approaching someone about a topic of interest, asking a question in a large crowd of people and so on.
2. What is one piece of advise you would give to your children as they grow up?
That growing up and being a kid or a teen is such a short amount of time and it is usually not the best time or the most defining time of your life. I would tell them that it is not important to be the coolest kid because it is so insignificant once you grow up. Life takes off after your teen years, not the opposite.
3. Is there anything adventurous you would like to do in life, if so, what is it?
Travel! This summer I am spending August in France, Switzerland, Italy and most likely Spain (we’re still indecisive about our destinations). My next big vacation destination would be Asia. I will also most likely be going to the West of Canada next year (Vancouver) and can’t wait to be able to see more of Canada.
4. Sweet or Savoury?
5. What surroundings do you prefer when writing, reading or studying?
I love libraries or my room. I need absolute quiet, not even background music or anything like that. I also usually like to have my room dimly lit when I am studying.
6. If money were no object, where would your next holiday destination be and why?
Australia or England. I would love to go to these two places but they are super expensive.
7. Each zodiac sign portrays certain characteristics for people. What is your star sign and do you feel your star sign captures the real you?
I am a Pisces and there are certain aspects that I can relate to and others that I can’t. A major characteristic of Pisces is creativity, such as drawing or painting, and that is definitely not me (I can draw stick figures and they still look bad). My sister, who is a Pisces, is actually insanely creative, so I think she got most of that aspect.
However, I think I can really relate to the dreamer side of pisces. I am always in my own little bubble, my mom says it all the time. I catch myself smiling alone (looking real creepy) whenever I walk outside and it’s warm and the sun is shining and I just feel an overwhelming sense of happiness.
I think this quote represents me quite well: “Pisceans can have difficulty distinguishing fact from fantasy; they tend to get caught up in their dreams and views of how things should be. To say they wear rose-colored glasses isn’t much of a stretch.” (astrology.com)
Sasha my little pupppyyyyyy (although after 1 year and 4 months are they still puppies?) She is a cockapoo and she is so darn cute and has the best stubborn and cuddly personality ever.
9. What is one thing that annoys you?
When customers get mad at employees for something they have no control over. When I worked at a coffee shop I can not begin to tell you the amount of people who would give me speeches about how expensive our coffee was, and all I could possibly think was.. why? I am just here to give you your coffee, if it is too expensive… then leave!
I see this so often in restaurants when customers don’t enjoy their food, the waitresses get such a verbal beating when they are NOT the ones who made the food.
Ugh, huge pet peeve.
10. Fiction or non-fiction?
Fiction, all the way.
My 10 Questions for my Nominees:
1. If money was not an option, what would you be doing with your life right now? (in terms of career path, life choices..)
2. What is one hobby that makes you truly happy?
3. Each zodiac sign portrays certain characteristics for people. What is your star sign and do you feel your star sign captures the real you?
4. What is one piece of advise you would give to your children as they grow up?
5. When do you write your blog posts? Are you a last minute writer or do you have your posts ready in advance?
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
7. What is your dream destination?
8. What is your favorite book and why do you love it so much?
9. What is the characteristic about yourself that you love the most?
10. How did you decide you wanted to start blogging? Has your blog changed from what you initially imagined it to be?
Thank you again Lynne for nominating me, it was really fun for me to take part in this!
Until next time! Have a great weekend guys 🙂