Granola lovers, gather ’round! What I am presenting to you today is the BEST granola you might ever make. I guarantee that you are going to be wanting to make this one again and again, and that you will be eating your granola batches at record speed. I introduce to you the completely addictive pumpkin pecan chunky granola.
This granola recipe combines the perfectly spiced tasted of pumpkin pie with the oven-roasted taste of pecans, all wrapped up in an irresistible crunch.
Although I am swarmed with midterms and projects, I always seem to find time to bake when I’m feeling completely overwhelmed. You may call this procrastination, but I have several reasons as to why making this granola is a good idea:
- It makes for the perfect study time break
- It only takes 15 minutes to prepare
- It makes the whole house smell like a pumpkin candle from Bath & Body Works
- No dishes!
I mean, you must agree, making this granola is a wise choice.
Although it may seem like I am seriously talking up this granola, I am being completely honest with you when I say that it is my absolute favorite. I have been making this granola for over a year now and have made it at least four times, if not more. I fell in love with the original granola recipe the very first time I made it, but of course, I had to tweak it here and there for me to be perfectly happy with the result. I hope you will be pleased with the result too!
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the brown sugar, pumpkin puree, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until completely incorporated. Using your hands works very well.
- Evenly distribute the granola on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Switch the pan around (for clumpier granola) or mix it around with a spatula (for a granola that has less chunks and is more broken up). Bake for another 15-20 minutes*.
- *The granola will not be completely crunchy immediately after removing it from the oven. As it cools, it will harden and become crunchier.