Today is such an exciting day for me because I am celebrating a bunch of things, not only is today Canada day, it is also my one year blogiversary!
Yep, one year ago, I started this little blog with absolutely no idea in mind. I started a blog with nothing to write about except for my love for nutrition and wanting to share it with others.
Over time, my blog evolved into something I never even knew it would become. I started talking way more about my life then I thought I would be, and it was shocking to me to see that people cared! I discovered what link ups were, made new friends and realized how awesome it is to be apart of a community that shares so many of my interests.
It also gave me a hobby that was at times hard to keep up with and other times extremely fun.
Although I know I have been slacking a little bit in the past month, I am back in full force for the summer!
In order to make sure everyone is satisfied with my blog (because this blog is after all also for you), I created a short survey that you can fill out in order to let me know what you think of my blog and let me know what you would like to see more of!
The survey is right here on my blog, just use the box below and scroll down to answer the questions. When you are finished, click “done” and that’s it!
If you filled it out, thanks a ton!!
Now…. On to even more exciting things. DESSERT!
To celebrate my 1 year of blogging as well as Canada day, I thought I would make a recipe that can be enjoyed by anyone, this recipe serves one to two and is the most festive little cake ever!
Although it looks a lot like a cookie, it is very thick and is more reminiscent of a cake.
The fresh strawberries and white chocolate chips add the perfect amount of sweetness without being overpowering. You could definitely sub the white chocolate chips for regular chocolate chips, although the chocolate might overpower the flavor of the cake just a tad (which would still be good, I mean it is chocolate after all).
To all of you who have the day off today for Canada day, I hope you enjoy your day to the fullest and get to enjoy the festivities! As for me, I am off to Quebec city tonight since I have a family party this weekend in Quebec city :).
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp sugar, white
- 1 tbsp applesauce
- 2 tbsp egg (crack an egg, mix it and measure 2 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp strawberries, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar until the mixture becomes fluffy. Add the applesauce, egg and vanilla and mix until fully combined.
- In a separate smaller bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and cornstarch.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined. Fold in half the chocolate chips and all the strawberries.
- Pour mixture onto the cookie sheet and shape into a circle. Add the other tbsp of white chocolate chips on the top of the cookie.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (it took mine exactly 13 minutes).
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
I would just like to thank all of you who take the time to read my blog and sometimes leave comments, it means the world to me and I appreciate it way more then you would ever think!
Have a great weekend :).