There aren’t many breakfast foods in this life that make me happier then single serving pancakes. What is better then getting up and cooking up a batch of pancakes (for yourself) in a super short amount of time?!
I’ve been really obsessed with making single serving pancakes lately, and I am always on the hunt for more delicious recipes. Some of my favorite single serving pancake recipes at the moment are:
- Blueberry Pie Pancakes from Chocolate Covered Katie (also fueled the inspiration for this recipe)
- Oatmeal Pumpkin Pancake from Immaeatthat’s instagram
After consulting my flavor bible and looking for flavor affinities that went well with white chocolate, I discovered that white chocolate and blueberries is apparently a popular flavor pairing (I mean, look at the picture, it’s in bold, which means its nothing but serious business). Let me just tell you… The book is not lying, they taste amazing together (thank you flavor bible <3).
It feels as if both flavors are complementing each other perfectly, the tangy taste of the blueberries with the creamy sweetness of white chocolate is something you might want to start incorporating in your morning breakfast routine, like ASAP. I was pleasantly surprised by the result and just know that I will be making these again and again.
I used the blueberries I picked this summer, which were the same blueberries I used in my blueberry scones recipe, but I am so sad to see my blueberry reserve dwindling! I’m just not a fan of the huge frozen blueberries sold at the grocery stores, sigh.
I love eating my single serving pancakes with vanilla greek yogurt, it is kind of like dipping them in a rich cream, plus it adds some invaluable protein content to my breakfast. We also can’t forget the maple syrup, but they are actually also quite good on their own!
I can guarantee that this recipe will not let you down! I mean, when does chocolate ever disappoint?!
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp oats
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup blueberries, frozen or fresh
- Mix the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients in two separate bowls.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and add the chocolate and blueberries. Mix until just incorporated.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and spray with oil. Drop the pancake mix into the pan and even out the batter to create perfect circles. Batter makes about 2-3 pancakes. Cook on each side for about 3-5 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with maple syrup, blueberries, white chocolate chips, vanilla greek yogurt or your favorite nut butter for a filling breakfast!
- You can easily substitute the blueberries for strawberries to make pancakes reminiscent of strawberry shortcake!