Salut les amis!
Today, I’m joining in on what I think will be the next big thing in the blogging world, and that is the Top 3 Friday posts!!! This idea came from Kate and I think it’s awesome. I will gladly jump in today and share with you my top 3’s of the week!
Top 3 Food Faves
1. Forgive me for not taking a picture, but I actually went back to L’Gros Luxe (I am obsessed guys) and had a beet, goat cheese and arugula grilled cheese. This was just… woah.
2. My little spin on the Oh She Glows chia muffins FINALLY worked! I made my own little microwaveable version and the recipe is finally right. I’m excited to take nice pictures of this one and share it with all of you!
3. I finally went to Mandy’s, which is a restaurant I have been wanting to try forever! This place has an assortment of different salads and they also sell AMAZING cookies. In all honesty, I am not even sure what salad I got… This had Parmesan shavings, rice, kale, avocado and much more with an amazing dressing that tasted sort of like nutritional yeast.
James had a salad called the “Man Salad” (so typical of him), so it had all sorts of meats and a yummy dressing.
Top 3 Highs
1. The weather is slowly but SURELY getting there and Thursday we experienced a nice day of warmer weather. James and I went walking to Mt Royal in Montreal and got a nice little workout by climbing all the stairs to the top.
It felt so good to finally see the sun and it’s golden hues and to just take a moment and appreciate the awesome city I have the chance to live in.
2. Classes are done! In exactly 2 weeks, exams will be over (I only have 2, so really it’s not too stressful) and I will be hopping on a plane to Vegas!
I also came to the realization that I am more then halfway through the dietetics program! Only 1 year and a half until I am an RD.
3. Free Ben&Jerry’s ice cream at school today was definitely awesome. I chose the caramel flavor, it did not disappoint.
Top 3 Lows
1, 2 & 3. Can I make all my lows into one huge low? I think this one is a no-brainer for me this week, the loss of our pup has put a cloud over my head for the past week now (btw, she is NOT dead if ever that sentence was misleading haha, read this post for more info).
But in the words of Taylor Swift, “time can heal most anything” (flashback to the song “Fifteen” from a younger Taylor), so I know that time will make the loss easier to bear.
Top 3 Songs
1. Stone Cold by Demi Lovato seriously makes me TEAR up, it is such a beautiful song. It’s also actually helping me with accepting Sasha being gone, is that cheesy to say?? Probably, but hey.
2. Water Under the Bridge by Adele is so upbeat, it gets me all dancy when it comes on.
3. Pillowtalk by Zayn Malik. I’m kind of annoyed that I like this song so much because for some reason Zayn kind of bothers me. BUT THIS SONG IS MY JAM, I can’t control my behavior when it comes on.
Top 3 Reads/Educational Things
1. Metabolic Testing, Xtend Barre + A Day in the Life via Bucket List Tummy (Awesome to see the typical day of an RD, it makes me so excited for my future career!)
2. I thought this would be a good time to share about my little presentation on crickets as a food and source of protein! I made my classmates taste cricket flour containing energy bars and honestly they were not that great haha.
Check out my little poster I made if you want a very brief summary of what I learnt!
3. This little tidbit of knowledge I learnt in Nutrition Through Life: aging has been linked with the shortening of telomeres, which are little caps that are present on our chromosomes
The shortening of telomeres can be aggravated by a sedentary lifestyle, smoking and even poor diet! YOU ARE AGING YOURSELF BY BEING SEDENTARY.
That last statement was a long shot and kind of not true haha (I drank too much caffeine, I am feeling hyper), but seriously, interesting stuff!
Thank you Kate for this awesome post idea! Until next time :).
What is your favorite song of the moment?
High of the week?